Few industries are confronted with the constant change and scrutiny that the health care industry faces daily. To be successful in achieving your key health care initiatives, count us among your most valued assets.
Healthcare dollars account for over 17% of the U.S. economy and over 19% of the Vermont economy. Downs Rachlin Martin deploys a deep and experienced team with broad-based experience in the many interconnected issues health law often presents. Be it regulatory or compliance matters, responding to an information request or subpoena, addressing health care fraud allegations, False Claims Act or anti-kickback authorities, DRM lawyers have been on the cutting edge of some of the most complex, substantial and challenging issues in Vermont and regional health law. DRM attorneys provide solid guidance to hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, nurses and individuals in the health sector, whether for challenging employment and labor issues, or representing physicians or professionals in complex licensing or malpractice actions. We have the ability to handle matters ranging from very localized and specialized issues to large-scale labor, acquisitions, real estate and permitting. If you have a health law issue, DRM has a lawyer who can provide reasoned, accurate and cost-effective counsel.
The health law issues we are often asked to handle include:
- Health care compliance and regulatory issues
- Certificate of need counseling
- Health care employment and labor matters
- Health care fraud and enforcement matters with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, HHS, the Attorney General’s Office and DVHA
- Subpoena and information requests
- Medical malpractice defense for physicians, physician assistants and nurses
- Medical Practice Board and licensing matters
- Board counseling
- Stark and Anti-kickback counseling
- Real estate and practice acquisition and environmental permitting
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam representation both affirmative and defensive health care antitrust matters
There is often overlap in issues and necessary expertise in health care law. DRM’s approach is to assemble a size-appropriate team in order to achieve the best resolution in a skilled, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner.
If you have a health law issue, or just need assistance in defining more clearly the challenges faced in the compliance arena, please contact one of our linked professionals.