Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.S. Business Administration
- Gathering a group of unlikely allies Patti and her colleagues were able to effectively represent the interests of Vermont’s independent schools regarding several big policy issues. Healthy communication with their adversaries enabled them to reach better outcomes for all involved.
- Patti and her team worked to support a number of clients with COVID-related challenges including garnering significant grant funds and helping clarify relevant COVID guidelines.
- In the wake of the Parkland tragedy Patti sought out a client she could work with to provide support for the legislature to pass more responsible gun reform laws. This was incredibly intense work but communicating closely with key legislators, rounding up votes and helping with a grassroots campaign they were able to help pass an important comprehensive gun reform law. Thanks to the dedication of so many committed individuals they were witness Governor Scott’s signing of this landmark gun reform legislation in Vermont.
- Patti’s extended network of acquaintances has enabled her to connect people to proper contacts quickly to help with permit issues, regulatory matters and help with other varied business needs.
- Patti ran two of Governor Scott’s Lieutenant Governor campaigns and through that experience she got to meet and listen to people throughout the state. This insight was invaluable. Understanding the districts our legislators represent helps her appreciate their priorities and political opinions.
- The highlight of Patti’s legislative career was serving as a key leader in the passage of the marriage equality bill. This was one of her most challenging career experiences but was also her greatest privilege.
Memberships & Activities
Vermont State Representative, 2005 – 2016
Campaign Director – Lt. Governor Phil Scott Campaign, 2010 – 2014
Project Director, Stratton Foundation Tropical Storm Irene Relief, 2011 – 2012
House Minority Leader – Vermont Legislature, 2008-2011
Assistant House Minority Leader – Vermont Legislature, 2006-2008
Make-A-Wish Vermont, Director
Former Trustee – Southwestern Vermont Medical Center Board of Trustees
Former Trustee – Burr and Burton Academy
Cambodian Children’s Fund, taught critical thinking skills classes in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 2015 and continues to sponsor children in Cambodia.
Patti has presented to lawmakers, trade association members, boards of directors, and community members.