University of Arizona, J.D., cum laude
University of Virginia, B.A.
- Obtained victory in the Vermont Supreme Court in two recent cases involving allegations of disability discrimination and failure to accommodate disabilities.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a religious organization on claims of national origin discrimination and retaliation under Title VII.
- Achieved a dismissal of a wrongful termination lawsuit brought by an employee who claimed that she had been terminated in retaliation for having defended herself from an angry patron.
- Obtained summary judgement on behalf of a major insurance company acting as an ERISA fiduciary in a long-term disability benefits dispute.
- Representing a major national retail pharmacy, David obtained dismissal in federal court of an employee’s claim for invasion of privacy arising from the alleged disclosure of his private health information.
- David was part of a team that successfully defended a major national retail chain from a nationwide collective action brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Obtained dismissal of Americans with Disabilities Act claims brought by a former employee of an aerospace defense company.
- On behalf of a major national retail chain, David obtained dismissal of federal and state age discrimination and retaliation claims by demonstrating that the plaintiff had failed to disclose his potential claims against the company while he was in bankruptcy.
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2010
U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, 2010
Memberships & Activities
David regularly represents clients in pro bono matters. He has represented immigration clients before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also represents Vermonters pro bono in juvenile cases.
Gates v. Mack Molding Company, Inc., 2022 VT 24
Kelly v. University of Vermont Medical Center, 2022 VT 26
Every year, David presents to countless business groups, human resources groups, and client groups throughout the state of Vermont.
In the past year, David presented to the Brattleboro Area Human Resources Network, the Green Mountain Human Resources Association, and the Vermont Association of General Contractors, among others.
In his presentations, David works to educate and inform the Vermont business community on emerging issues in labor and employment law.