Protect and leverage your intellectual property
IP could be your business’s most valuable yet underrated asset. Whether you’re a start-up or an established international business, our IP lawyers can help properly identify, protect, and leverage your copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets.
Our Intellectual Property lawyers help individuals, start-ups and businesses around the world recognize the value of their IP by using a business-informed, strategic and cost-effective approach to identifying, procuring, protecting and leveraging their trademarks, patents and other valuable IP.
Our IP attorneys have decades of technical and IP experience covering a wide range of industries, including software and information technology, energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, construction, transportation, finance, retail, agricultural, education, health care, garment, medical devices and others. Several of our lawyers also have hands-on technology experience that provides tremendous value when working with complex technologies.
Making the most of your IP
Our lawyers also help businesses improve their internal IP processes by providing education to increase awareness and setting up best practices to improve efficiency and reduce IP-related costs. For sophisticated clients that already utilize best practices, our Intellectual Property attorneys stand ready to work in synchrony with IP managers and in-house counsel to provide a seamless process. For businesses seeking to better leverage or proactively protect their existing IP, our lawyers have experience in licensing, registration, enforcement, and patent litigation.
We have a state-of-the art IP infrastructure that maximizes our ability to serve an ever increasing range of clients. Our position as a mid-sized law firm with a presence in some of the smaller towns and cities throughout New England allows us to provide sophisticated and high-quality IP legal services while maintaining geographically appropriate billing rates.
Our IP attorneys provide the following services:
- Trade Secrets
- Intellectual Property Licensing/Technology Transactions
- Domain Names and Internet Law
- IP Rights Enforcement
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark Trial & Appeal Board (TTAB) Proceedings
- Post-Grant Proceedings & AIA Trials
- IP Best Practices consulting
- Outsourced In-House IP Counsel
- Strategic Advising
Recent Intellectual Property Legal Achievements and Actions
- DRM trademark attorneys currently handle over 2,000 trademarks that are pending or actively registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), in addition to managing over 1,500 pending and registered trademarks in nearly 50 jurisdictions outside of the United States.
- Over the past twenty years, DRM patent attorneys have successfully obtained over thousands of patents for clients around the world in a wide range of technology areas, including semiconductors, medical devices, materials science, computer processing, social media, and lithium metal batteries.
- Recently assisted a client in fending off an aggressive patent law firm that was trying to get the client to unwisely patent an invention that actually required trade secret protection. We counseled the client regarding an appropriate business structure for leveraging the trade secret technology and how to implement trade-secret best-practices to properly maintain the trade secret.