DRM’s litigators are experienced at representing industry leaders, start-ups, and individuals in sensitive and complex matters in Vermont, New Hampshire, and throughout New England. Our litigators leverage this experience to develop creative solutions and strategies to more quickly and efficiently resolve disputes. DRM has the bench depth to quickly assemble a team to effectively and skillfully respond to the most important and sensitive matters.
We stand apart from other firms with our depth of experience, skill, and determination. Our litigators excel at developing effective and creative strategies for even the most complex “bet-the-company” disputes. We know that litigation is most successful when the client is an integral member of the team, and we work with you to define success and craft a litigation strategy that supports that vision.
We are committed to success and resolving cases on the most favorable terms, whether that is in mediation, arbitration, or at trial. When trial is the best course, our team of trial lawyers have a proven record of success in state and federal courts, having secured multi-million dollar jury verdicts and defense verdicts.
As a recognized “powerhouse” with over 50 years of experience achieving client goals throughout the region, our team provides support for:
- Complex bet-the -company litigation and dispute resolution
- All manner of commercial disputes
- Corporate and individual representation
- White collar defense and government enforcement
- Plaintiff personal injury, including brain injury
- Real estate and land use
- Professional liability and regulation
- Construction contract disputes
- Personal injury and property damage
- Bankruptcy and creditors rights
- Intellectual property litigation
- Labor and employment litigation
- Attorneys Tim Sampson, Jennifer McDonald and Marc Heath Represented the City of Burlington in its CityPlace settlement. The settlement resulted in the transfer of land between two non-connected streets to the City at no cost to taxpayers, and to create additional security to ensure that new streets will be built at no cost to taxpayers, regardless of development progress. The settlement also ensures that, regardless of project outcomes, taxpayers are shielded from all financial risk.
- Attorneys Tris Coffin, Timothy Doherty and Jennifer McDonald conducted an independent investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct at the Chittenden County Correctional Facility. The findings and recommendations made in the report led to legislation and ultimately a new law in Vermont pertaining to the handling of sexual misconduct complaints within the Department of Corrections.
- Obtained $3.66 million federal jury verdict in complex commercial case against a party represented by an international litigation firm. This commercial verdict was the 61st largest in the United States in 2019.
- 2020 Preliminary injunction victory in case involving conversion of trade secrets and noncompete in dispute between two national cybersecurity companies.
- Represented Mount Snow ski resort in a contract dispute against the Alliance of Action Sports (ALLI) and its parent company, NBC Sports. The DRM team used innovative technology in the courtroom to demonstrate to the jury how valuable the media exposure would have been to Mt. Snow. The jury agreed, and awarded Mt. Snow $2.25 million.