Keuka College, B.S. Nursing
- Played a key role in several multi-million dollar awards through trial verdicts and settlement of matters involving traumatic brain injury, wrongful death and motor vehicle/motorcycle accident claims.
- Uses her medical background to help clients better understand treatment options and insurance coverage.
- Actively participates in developing and implementing case strategy by partnering with the victim, their family and Downs Rachlin Martin lead traumatic brain injury litigator, Bob Luce.
- Marie’s greatest contribution to the personal injury practice is the emotional support she provides both clients and their families through the stress of litigation. In the word of a client, “our family remains forever grateful to Bob, Marie and the firm of Downs Rachlin Martin. Their solid legal expertise, steadfastness, determination and extreme empathy has given our family a priceless gift of peace.”
- Throughout the legal community Marie is widely respected for her knowledge of medical issues, her management of personal injury matters and her client counseling skills.
- Provides research and support for the Traumatic Brain Injury Blog, which helps people better understand the impact of brain injury and the remarkable work being done to improve our ability to diagnose, treat and prevent brain injury and to obtain compensation for brain injury caused by negligence.
- Prior to becoming the Firm’s Office Manager in 2013, Marie served as Paralegal Manager since 2010, and as the Litigation Paralegal Coordinator, a position she held since 1993.
Memberships & Activities
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
Accolades & Awards
Marie is the 2012 recipient of the Diane Lynch Distinguished Service Award, which is an award given annually to a current or former Downs Rachlin Martin employee who has demonstrated the loyalty, dedication, professionalism, selflessness and commitment exemplified by Diane Lynch, a long-serving human resources coordinator who died of cancer.
Served on SerVermont, formerly the Commission on National and Community Services, a commission that promotes, supports and recognizes community service and volunteerism throughout Vermont.
Presented seminars on personal injury litigation and medical malpractice, including seminars directed to paralegals, attorneys and traumatic brain injury survivors and their families.