Practical HR advice for employers
Employers are faced with ever-changing laws and regulatory rules that can have an impact on maintaining a productive workforce. Our labor and employment lawyers provide practical advice on all HR issues and present solutions with your business objectives in mind.
DRM has one of the largest labor and employment practice groups in Northern New England, representing employers exclusively and providing practical day-to-day, on-site support. The scope and sweep of our practice are unmatched among law firms in our region, as is the depth of our experience with state and local personnel and officials. We provide day-to-day advice to employers on all aspects of the employment relationship. When challenges arise, we promptly assemble the right team to defend employers’ business interests in court and guide management through the process.
Our labor lawyers handle the full range of collective bargaining, organizing campaigns, arbitration, unfair labor practices, labor-management relations, labor relations training, NLRB and other traditional labor issues for employers nationwide.
Our employment practice includes advice and representation to management in the following areas:
- Employment counseling and advice
- Employment litigation
- EEOC and state agency proceedings
- Discrimination claims
- Occupational safety and health
- Wrongful discharge and whistleblower complaints
- Manager training
- Non-compete agreements
Recent Labor & Employment Legal Victories
- Successfully represented health care client in dismissal of all discrimination claims against the facility and its residency training program
- Obtained a dismissal of a pending EEOC race discrimination charge involving a client’s manufacturing facility
- Chief spokesperson responsible for negotiating a new 3-year collective-bargaining agreement for a local hospital in an efficient series of four meetings, focusing on the core issues both parties wanted to address.