Trusted counsel to navigate the regulatory requirements of privacy and data security
Having a digital presence is essential for your business, and while electronic data can be a powerful asset, it can also be a significant liability if not handled properly. Our privacy and cybersecurity attorneys help you stay on the right side of this balance.
Stay secure. Stay successful.
Today’s electronic world presents a host of opportunities for businesses – but it also brings many challenges. Businesses now have to comply with comprehensive privacy and data security laws and regulations, prepare for and respond to actual or suspected data breaches, and interface with regulators and other third parties regarding their data practices and data-related incidents.
DRM works alongside your business as a valued team member to navigate these challenges. With substantial experience in addressing data breach incidents spanning Vermont and beyond, advising clients on their privacy practices and privacy-related issues, and working with regulators when appropriate, DRM has developed a wide knowledge base for data security and privacy.
Our team draws on this experience to provide support for:
- Privacy compliance
- Auditing of data practices
- Privacy policies
- Security plans and policies
- Data breach assessment and response
- Insurance coverage review
- Agreement review and drafting
- Litigation services
- Counseled several non-profit organizations in addressing and responding to the 2020 Blackbaud data breach.
- Helped multiple businesses navigate “phishing” attacks launched on employees and vendors.
- Assisted several companies with identifying their CCPA and GDPR obligations and updating their privacy policies and procedures for responding to consumer requests.