The Government Affairs team focuses on issue advocacy, public relations and communications. Whether a corporation, an association, or a non-profit, we make sure your voice is heard in the Vermont State House.
Your voice in state government.
For more than thirty years, our Government Affairs (“GAPA”) group has produced successful outcomes for our clients. We have a unique depth of resources, an unmatched client communication style and positive long-term relationships with legislators, administration officials and public policy advocates. Our experience at the State House, knowledge of the issues, and understanding of the complexities of the political and regulatory environments enables us to provide services of the highest caliber.
- Our lobbyists cultivate and maintain strong relationships with chairs and members of the House and Senate committees with jurisdiction over the issues that are important to our clients. Additionally, we maintain close relationships with House and Senate leadership, committee chairs and key administration officials.
- We maintain active ties to other organizations and lobbying groups and engage in coalition building around issues whenever possible to enhance our advocacy efforts.
- Collectively, our lobbyists have decades of experience representing organizations before the Vermont legislature and across the state. This experience gives us a thorough understanding of the political landscape within which the legislature operates.
- GAPA team members have worked on the inside of the state government, giving us an insider’s understanding of the workings of the legislative process. We have a vast network of colleagues, staff members, and key connectors to rely on for support, and we take our work personally, making each client’s challenges our own and going above and beyond to meet our collective goals.
The GAPA team supports a broad range of industries, including:
- Business law
- Banking regulations
- Health care
- Professional regulation
- Labor and employment
- Complex land use development