Vermont Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude; Managing Editor, Vermont Law Review
- Successfully appealed the Vermont Supreme Court to reverse dismissal of a solar project, setting precedent that stands to benefit renewable energy developers by requiring greater consistency and predictability in how the Public Utility Commission applies its regulations.
- Worked with Vermont’s largest electric utility to negotiate a long-term power purchase agreement for the output from a fleet of New England hydroelectric facilities and secure regulatory approval of the agreement from the Public Utility Commission.
- Lead a team on the first Section 248 permit issued for a merchant battery storage system in Vermont. Among other capabilities, the 4.999 MW/ 20 MWh system will allow the interconnecting utility to shave its peak demand to lower transmission and capacity expenses — to the benefit of Vermont ratepayers.
- Represented lender on financing of a portfolio of solar projects, leading due diligence review of permits, agreements, and property matters associated with the projects.
- Successfully permitted a 20 MW solar facility to be constructed in Ludlow and Cavendish, Vermont – the largest in the state.
- Gained siting approval for the first solar project proposed for a brownfield under Vermont’s revised net-metering program.
- Obtained regulatory approval for Standard Offer solar projects sited on a brownfield site in Lyndonville, Vermont, to be developed in partnership with the regional development corporation to maximize liability protections under the Vermont Waste Management Act.
- Represented an independent producer in the sale of a portfolio of ten solar facilities approved under Vermont’s net-metering program.
- Contributed to legal strategy and successfully defend Vermont Supreme Court appeal of Certificate of Public Good for a telecommunications project in Bennington, Vermont.
- Presented on current trends in energy law at a Planning and Zoning Forum held by the Vermont League of Cities and Towns.
U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont, 2017
New Hampshire, 2021
Judicial law clerk to the Honorable Christina Reiss, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
Memberships & Activities
Vermont Bar Association
President, Vermont Law School Christian Organization (2013)
Accolades & Awards
Included in the 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for Communications Law, Burlington
Public Service Scholar
First Place and Best Brief Overall in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition (2013)
Co-champion of Vermont Law School’s Debevoise Moot Court Competition (2012)
Academic excellence awards in Land Use, Administrative law, Civil Procedure, Constitutional Criminal Procedure, and Intellectual Property.
Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity, Board Member
Member of the Hinesburg Energy Committee
Volunteered with the Salvation Army dinners in Burlington
Participates in a variety of volunteer efforts through his local church, Community Alliance Church in Hinesburg.
2017 Annual Conference of Vermont League of Cities and Towns
2018 Vermont Bar Association – Environmental Law Day
2019 Annual Meeting of Vermont Paralegal Organization
2019 Renewable Energy Vermont Conference
Annual Guest Lecturer for UCONN Renewable Energy Law Class