Legal ingenuity, energy innovation.
Since the Northeast blackout in 2003, the renewable energy attorneys of Downs Rachlin Martin have been involved in increasing renewable energy’s position in the regional power market to address global climate change. Collaborating closely with both our tax, environmental and land use teams, we efficiently target and implement legal services needed to help clients in solar, wind, hydroelectric and biomass achieve their goals with a minimal amount of resistance throughout a complicated siting process.
DRM is on the leading edge of the development of solar, wind and hydropower generation in the Northeast U.S. and Canada and has helped facilitate the conversations between the Public Utility Commission and developers. Our innovation, experience and dedication has helped renewable energy clients successfully execute projects and transactions to bring new renewable generation online in New England.
Recent Renewable Energy Legal Accomplishments
DRM’s energy attorneys have the contacts, ideas and experience to help you make things happen. Here are some examples:
- Regularly partner with developers in connection with contracting and permitting solar net meter projects.
- Provided commercial and project support for a client developing a novel receiver for parabolic trough Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) systems as part of the DOE SunShot program.
- Assisted clients with the financing, acquisition, development and permitting for over 12 MW of new photovoltaic electric generation assets.
- Successfully gained siting approval for one of five regional photovoltaic testing facilities under the DOE’s SunShot Initiative.
- Obtained environmental permits and Public Utility Commission approval for six standard offer 2 MW solar photovoltaic projects, and worked with the developers to execute interconnection and power contracts, EPC contracts, and project financing.
- Obtained state siting approval for the 12 MW Georgia Mountain Community Wind Project, Chittenden County, Vermont’s first utility-scale commercial wind farm. Our clients represent a broad range of investors, developers, EPC contractors, and research and development firms.