Commercial Energy Transactions
Team with a powerhouse law firm in the energy space.
Downs Rachlin Martin has the business sense and the legal ingenuity to help energy clients achieve their business, regulatory, and transaction goals. Our experienced energy, environmental, business, real estate and tax lawyers have collaborated to advise energy sector clients to structure, evaluate, negotiate and obtain necessary state and federal regulatory approvals for transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, financings, power purchase and power sale agreements, procurement and construction contracts, project development, interconnection agreements, and general corporate, commercial and contract matters. Enterprising Downs Rachlin Martin attorneys have advised clients on transaction, financing, commercial and contract matters involving energy, electric utility, natural gas, telecommunications and cable television sectors.
Our lawyers have the contacts, ideas and experience to help you make things happen. Here are a few examples:
- We assisted Vermont utilities in successfully negotiating and obtaining the approval for multiple long-term power purchase contracts with Hydro-Quebec.
- We assisted a company and its multiple electric company owners in the negotiation of a multi-year power purchase agreement for the purchase of more than $1 billion dollars of energy.
- We provided transaction and regulatory counsel for the auction and sale of Vermont’s largest generation station while overseeing a multi-state and federal approval process.
- We provided advice and obtained regulatory approvals in connection with acquisition of one of Vermont’s largest distribution companies and the state’s only natural gas company by a foreign energy company.
- We provided support and obtained regulatory approvals in connection with the acquisition of a national transmission company by a global transmission and energy company.
- We represented energy companies, financial institutions, venture capital companies and other investors, in connection with secured and unsecured debt finance transactions, equity investments, and restructurings.