Boston College Law School, J.D.
Smith College, B.A.
- Acts as “outside general counsel” for numerous clients, handling all of their day-to-day contractual and legal needs.
- Represents sellers of numerous automobile dealership premises and real estate, including negotiating transfer documentation and floor plan transitions.
- Assisted with negotiation and closing of transfer of dissolving non-profit homeless shelter assets and real estate to two other non-profits.
- Represented community bank in drafting loan documents for multi-million dollar hotel construction loans.
- US counsel for sale of division of international manufacturing company.
- Prepared forms of contracts for innovative energy conservation project to provide funding for low- and moderate-income households to install energy efficiency measures, working with state agencies, program administrators and local utilities to launch project.
- Represents a technology client expanding its business worldwide with negotiations with its customers and sales representatives and works with the team at DRM to ensure protection of the client’s intellectual property, confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements, including REACH, in each new country where client is selling products.
- Assisted a client with formation of 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, including working with the client to secure expedited IRS review of application. As a result of rapid IRS approval, the client was able to apply for and secure grant funding for a significant project.
- Routinely prepares local counsel opinions for Vermont and New Hampshire financings. Negotiates and prepares loan documentation, including enforceability opinions, on both the lender- and borrower-side, for loans secured by solar projects.
- Handles contracting process for an NGO that subcontracts projects funded by state and federal grants, from implementation of forms to production of each individual contract and ensuring government compliance is met, including filing of FFATA reports.
- Prepares various intellectual property-related agreements, including license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements.
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2002
New Hampshire, 2006
Memberships & Activities
Caledonia County Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association
Vermont Bar Association
Accolades & Awards
Listed in Best Lawyers®, Business Organizations (including LLC’s and partnerships), 2024
Trustee and corporator of the Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital; Board Chair of Board of Trustees
Director of Union Bank
Director of Union Bankshares, Inc.
Corporator of the St. Johnsbury Development Fund
Past Chair of Vermont Bar Association regional professional responsibility hearing panel
Past president and former board member of the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce
Past Vice Chair and member of the Board of Directors of the Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
Speaker, Maximizing PPP Loan Forgiveness, DRM PLLC (Webinar, May 28, 2020)