Boston College Law School, J.D.
Smith College, B.A.
- Acts as “outside general counsel” for numerous clients, handling all of their day-to-day contractual and legal needs.
- Represented family-owned grocery store in asset sale to large grocery chain, drafting and negotiating purchase agreement and related documentation.
- Advised a U.S. client in connection with the purchase of assets of a U.S. manufacturing facility, including conducting extensive due diligence and handling, at times, difficult negotiations. In doing so, she worked closely with the company’s general counsel, who was located in Switzerland, to successfully close the transaction, even when a “deal breaker” issue almost caused it to not close on the eve of closing.
- Represents a technology client expanding its business worldwide with negotiations with its customers and sales representatives, and works with the team at DRM to ensure protection of the client’s intellectual property, confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements, including REACH, in each new country where client is selling products.
- Assisted a client with formation of 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, including working with the client to secure expedited IRS review of application. As a result of rapid IRS approval, the client was able to apply for and secure grant funding for a significant project.
- Worked with owner of well-known restaurant to sell stock in the business, together with real estate where restaurant was located, preparing documentation to help ensure a smooth transition and preservation of the goodwill.
- Represented engineering firm in acquisition by another engineering firm, including negotiation of transfer of government contracts.
- Routinely prepares local counsel opinions for Vermont and New Hampshire financings.
- Negotiates and prepares loan documentation, including enforceability opinions, on both the lender- and borrower-side, for loans secured by solar projects.
- Created forms of subcontract for an energy efficiency corporation doing business in multiple states, and worked with the client to develop a process to streamline the creation, review, approval and organization of the contracts.
- Assists a manufacturing client with the negotiation of leases for the client’s manufacturing and laboratory facilities in various U.S. states and Canadian provinces.
- Handles contracting process for an NGO that subcontracts projects funded by state and federal grants, from implementation of forms to production of each individual contract and ensuring government compliance is met, including filing of FFATA reports.
- Prepares various intellectual property-related agreements, including license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements.
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2002
New Hampshire, 2006
Memberships & Activities
Caledonia County Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association
Vermont Bar Association
Accolades & Awards
Recognized as one of Vermont Business Magazine’s 2014 Rising Stars
Trustee and corporator of the Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital; Board Chair of Board of Trustees
Member of the Union Bank St. Johnsbury regional advisory board
Corporator of the St. Johnsbury Development Fund
Chair of Vermont Bar Association regional professional responsibility hearing panel
Past president and former board member of the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce
Past Vice Chair and member of the Board of Directors of the Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
Regularly posts to DRM Food and Beverage Law Blog
Speaker, Maximizing PPP Loan Forgiveness, DRM PLLC (Webinar, May 28, 2020)