Effective nonprofit management requires experienced executive leadership. Downs Rachlin Martin has a proven track record of success helping to manage nonprofit organizations.
Whether you are seeking an executive director for a business association or a charitable or educational group, we have the capacity and experience to help you run a successful organization. Working with the nonprofit’s board, DRM will adapt its suite of services to craft a responsive scope of work.
Each nonprofit is unique in its needs. Some may want to build a strong, compelling external presence while others seek to keep a low profile. Some need an administrative services director who primarily manages board functions and facilitates meetings, while others require a leadership role to facilitate strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, writing grants, and communicating with the wider world as an emissary of your organization. Our team has the experience and capacity to fill the role that is appropriate for your nonprofit.
Our suite of à la carte services can be tailored to suit your nonprofit’s unique requirements. We provide key staff functions depending on the unique needs and work style of the board.
- Governance, including business and strategic planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Fully administer board functions and abide by Vermont’s open meeting law as required.
- Facilitate board meetings and keep minutes.
- Invite witnesses, warn meetings as required, arrange locations via video conference or in-person, as appropriate.
- Manage board appointments and terms and strategize succession planning and board recruitment.
- Prepare marketing materials.
- Write press releases.
- Produce annual reports.
- Provide website and social media maintenance.
- Collaborate with and manage outside vendors for website redesign, SEO or other needs.
- Prepare member communication recruitment, sales and outreach.
- Assist in evaluating and reach your membership goals.
Lobbying and Legislative Monitoring
Our origins are in the halls of the Statehouse. Collectively, our team has dozens of years of experience advocating for clients before the General Assembly. We can build a bridge from the organization to decision makers. We can provide the full range of lobbying services to ensure that the organization receives the highest quality representation before Vermont legislators and administrative agencies.
- Continuing education programs.
- Parties, webinars and fundraising events:
- We can help you find the venue or digital platform, compile guest lists, invite speakers and execute a great event