University of Virginia School of Law, LLM, with honors
University of Nijmegen School of Law, The Netherlands, J.D., with honors
- Has helped individuals and families who own their own business sort through the trust, estate, and business planning issues that arise in the disposition and/or succession planning for the business.
- Advises high-net-worth clients regarding wealth preservation and asset protection strategies.
- Advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations.
- Works with families to develop practical legal solutions for long-term ownership of vacation properties in the United States and foreign countries.
- Provides advice helping clients implement their charitable goals.
- Regularly advises clients regarding how best to structure US ownership of anticipated large foreign gifts and inheritances and helps implement new ownership structures.
- Has guided many individuals and families in complicated and diverse family and marriage situations through the difficult estate planning process, resulting in the implementation of effective estate plans that accomplish the goals of the clients.
- Consults with clients to define and implement goals in protecting assets for the benefit of disabled and spendthrift beneficiaries.
New Hampshire, 1994
Memberships & Activities
The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow since 2000
Vermont State Chair for ACTEC from 2005-2009 and 2020-present
Vermont Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association: Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Section
Connecticut Valley Estate planning Council
American Bar Association: Probate and Trust Law Section; Real Estate, Probate and Property Section
Accolades & Awards
Listed in Best Lawyers® 2008-2024
Selected by peers for recognition in the area of trusts and estates in Best Attorneys® in New Hampshire, and New England Super Lawyers since 2008.
Recognized by her peers in Chambers USA
Ledyard Financial Group, Inc./Ledyard National Bank, Member of Board of Directors
Prior Board and Committee membership: VPR, Fairbanks Museum, Lebanon Opera House, Vermont Public Company
Willemien Dingemans-Miller & Christopher Stoneman, Estate Planning for Owners of Closely Held Business Interests, Tax Management Portfolio Estate, Gifts and Trusts Series No. 809-1st (Bureau of National Affairs, 2001)
Lectured and participated in panel discussions for the Vermont Bar Association, the New Hampshire Bar Association, the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, and private groups on a wide range of trust and estate planning topics.