Montpelier, VT 05602-3176
Authentic and tenacious, Patti Komline navigates clients through the legislative process to attain their goals.
After having served for 12 years as a state legislator, Patti Komline leverages her unique perspective while serving her clients at the State House. Having interacted with lobbyists during her tenure she understands what resonates, and as importantly what doesn’t, when communicating with lawmakers. Believing in the good intentions on all sides of issues makes it easy for Patti to develop respectful relationships which has been the foundation for her work. This, paired with her ardent persistence, has led to her clients’ success.
- Gathering a group of unlikely allies Patti and her colleagues were able to effectively represent the interests of Vermont’s independent schools regarding several big policy issues. Healthy communication with their adversaries enabled them to reach better outcomes for all involved.
- Patti and her team brought people from Vermont’s hemp industry into the State House to educate legislators about the valuable opportunities within this industry. These enthusiastic lawmakers became champions and helped their clients as new regulations could have challenged their work.
- In the wake of the Parkland tragedy Patti sought out a client she could work with to provide support for the legislature to pass more responsible gun reform laws. This was incredibly intense work but communicating closely with key legislators, rounding up votes and helping with a grassroots campaign they were able to help pass an important comprehensive gun reform law. Thanks to the dedication of so many committed individuals they were witness Governor Scott’s signing of this landmark gun reform legislation in Vermont.
- Patti’s extended network of acquaintances has enabled her to connect people to proper contacts quickly to help with permit issues, regulatory matters and help with other varied business needs.
- Patti ran two of Governor Scott’s Lieutenant Governor campaigns and through that experience she got to meet and listen to people throughout the state. This insight was invaluable. Understanding the districts our legislators represent helps her appreciate their priorities and political opinions.
- The highlight of Patti’s legislative career was serving as a key leader in the passage of the marriage equality bill. This was one of her most challenging career experiences but was also her greatest privilege.
Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.S. Business Administration
Vermont State Representative, 2005 – 2016
Campaign Director – Lt. Governor Phil Scott Campaign, 2010 – 2014
Project Director, Stratton Foundation Tropical Storm Irene Relief, 2011 – 2012
House Minority Leader – Vermont Legislature, 2008-2011
Assistant House Minority Leader – Vermont Legislature, 2006-2008
Make-A-Wish Vermont, Director
Former Trustee - Southwestern Vermont Medical Center Board of Trustees
Former Trustee – Burr and Burton Academy
Cambodian Children’s Fund, taught critical thinking skills classes in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 2015 and continues to sponsor children in Cambodia.
Montpelier, VT 05602-3176ph: 802-225-5500