Columbia University School of Law, J.D., (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts
Trinity College, Cambridge University, M.Phil.
Columbia College, Columbia University, B.A. cum laude
- Represents well-known, international children’s clothing brand in connection with trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement matters.
- Used Uniform Dispute Resolution Procedure (UDRP) to enable local business to regain possession of hijacked domain name.
- Successfully defended a Stowe-based lodge and brewery in a declaratory trademark infringement suit brought in federal district court in Seattle by a local restaurant, resulting in restaurant changing its name.
- Represents an international online gaming company in connection with its global trademark portfolio and online infringement issues.
- Assists a local youth marketing agency in connection with trademark enforcement matters.
- Manages trademarks, website agreements and software service agreements for a software development company.
- Represented a jewelry company in a cancellation proceeding before the TTAB that settled favorably mid-trial.
U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2006
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2006
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2006
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2007
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2007
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2007
U.S. District Court, Vermont, 2013
Law Clerk for The Honorable Richard Owen, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2004-2005
Memberships & Activities
American Bar Association, 2008
International Trademark Association, 2010
Accolades & Awards
Selected as “Rising Star” in 2013 by New England Super Lawyers
Vermont Symphony Orchestra, Board Member
Author, Ex Parte Appeals from A Legal Strategist’s Guide to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Practice, (American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law, 4th Edition, 2020)
Author, 3D Printing: How Will IP Law Handle the “Next Revolution” in Manufacturing?, The IP Stone: DRM’s Intellectual Property Law Blog (April 3, 2013)
Author, New Generic Top Level Domains: Risks for Trademark Owners, The IP Stone DRM’s Intellectual Property Law Blog (January 20, 2012)
Author, Domain Names and the New gTLDs: Protecting Your Trademarks Online, DRM Briefly Speaking Intellectual Law Seminar Series (January 26, 2012)
Frequent presenter on intellectual property basics, trademark protection and domain name issues, including most recently to students in Vermont Law School’s Entrepreneur Practice Lab and participants in LaunchVT’s accelerator program.