Montpelier, VT 05602-3176
Andrew Brewer, leveraging his business acumen for the benefit of his government affairs clients.
For 20 years, Andrew Brewer was the owner of one of Vermont’s most well-known outdoor businesses, Onion River Sports, in Montpelier. A stable fixture in Montpelier politics and community, he established valuable connections throughout administrations and legislatures, and is often sought by business and policy leaders for input and advice. As a tireless advocate for the bonds between business and community, he initiates and supports events and projects that bring people together.
Prior to joining DRM, Andrew worked for Komline Consulting, LLC, gaining valuable experience and building important relationships in the government relations world. Andrew's experience and personal knowledge of the issues that impact businesses were invaluable when working with the building trades and renewable energy industries. His ability to disarm opposition and represent clients’ interests make Andrew a valuable addition to the DRM Government relations team.
University of Vermont, B.A., Political Science
- Vermont Retailers and Grocers Association - Past Board member and Past Vice President. Member of the Legislative Committee.
- Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation - Past Board Member.
- Montpelier Business Association - Past President (2x) and Member of the Executive Committee.
- Montpelier Downtown Community Association (Montpelier Alive) - Past Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors.
- Northfield Savings Bank - Former Corporator (advisory council).
- Community Capital of Central Vermont - Former Board Member and Loan Committee member.
- Montpelier Rotary Club - Past President and Board Member.
- Vermont Tax Advisory Board - Appointed in 2012 to provide ideas, input and perspective to Tax Commissioner Mary Peterson, assisting her in developing tax policy and identifying improvements in the administration of taxes, and provide constructive observations regarding current or proposed policies.
- Vermont Health Care Business Advisory Council - Appointed in 2013 to provide advice and information on health care financing based on business experience to Governor Peter Shumlin.
- Speaker's Business Advisory Council - Appointed in 2005 to advise Vermont Speaker of the House Gaye Symington on business matters.
- Regional Advisory Board - Community National Bank
Montpelier, VT 05602-3176ph: 802-225-5500