February 5, 2015

Foreign Investment in Real Estate: Vermont

A Q&A guide to foreign investment in commercial real estate in Vermont

by: Scott Jaunich & Kane Smart

What are the reporting requirements which relate solely to out-of-state domestic (direct and indirect) owners of real property in relation to acquisition, ownership and disposition? Is state permission required for out-of-state domestic company investors to acquire real property?

Co-authors Scott Jaunich and Kane Smart apply their substantial commercial real estate and land use law experience to this Q&A, which addresses these questions and more.  The piece focuses on state laws and customs that impact out-of-state domestic company investors and foreign (non-US) company investors. 

Federal, local or municipal law may impose additional or different requirements.

Read the article Foreign Investment in Real Estate: Vermont

See the other commercial real estate in Vermont Q&A pieces in this series.


Before sending, please note: Information on is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. In particular, please note that Downs Rachlin Martin’s Labor & Employment Group exclusively represents employers/management in labor and employment matters. Employees seeking assistance with labor or employment issues should contact a law firm that represents employees and should not provide information about your situation to DRM.

If you send this email, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the terms contained herein.