University of Oregon School of Law, J.D.
California State University Sacramento, B.A.
- Advised several professional fiduciaries, including acting as outside counsel for multiple national banks, on trust administration issues.
- Represented the trustee of a trust which had significant business and real estate holdings, and had over 40 beneficiaries who lived in the United States and various foreign countries.
- Recapitalized the stock of a large national tool manufacturing company to facilitate ownership transfer to future generations.
- Provided general counsel services to several private foundations and public charities, including community foundations.
- Prepared several charitable remainder trusts to achieve clients’ charitable goals.
- Obtained a favorable private letter ruling from the IRS permitting a qualified corporation to continue to be treated as an S corporation despite trustee’s failure to make an electing small business trust (ESBT) election.
New Hampshire, 2022
Oregon Court of Appeals (extern)