Harvard Law School, J.D.
Swarthmore College, B.A. English (minor in Music)
- Advised developers and investors with partnership tax, corporate tax, tax-exempt status, and tax credit requirements for complex multi-party commercial real estate transactions involving low-income housing tax credits, new markets tax credits, historic tax credits, and energy credits.
- Advised on tax consequences of domestic and international business transactions, including executive compensation.
- Advised on structuring closely held business transfers and sales.
- Tax review of public company merger filings for public banks, including tax-free corporate reorganizations and drafted tax opinions regarding compliance with reorganization rules.
- Advised U.S. and non-U.S. individuals on income, gift and estate taxes, charitable gifts, foreign asset reporting, withholding, investments, taxation of trusts, and tax treaties.
- Advised private foundations and public charities on tax-exempt status and corporate issues.
- Structured and advised on business and individual transactions.
Memberships & Activities
American Bar Association
Check the Box Elections for Non-US Business Entities, Journal of International Tax, Trust and Corporate Planning.
A few DRM alerts and blog posts
Boston Bar Association, Check the Box Elections for Foreign Entities