199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Serving companies of all sizes and stages of development.
As a director in the Business Law Group, Kate has experience representing companies and investors in a variety of corporate, transactional and intellectual property matters. From assisting with the formation and early-stage funding of growing entrepreneurial companies, to negotiating complex acquisition, supply and license agreements, Kate works closely with clients to develop cost-effective legal strategies for achieving their business objectives.
- Drafted and negotiated intellectual property development, license and assignment agreements on behalf of a wide variety of technology companies.
- Represented an innovative database software company in the drafting and negotiation of a supply agreement with a leading original equipment manufacturer.
- Prepared a series of inter-related agreements for a marine technology company under which the company licenses software in conjunction with the sale of hardware and services. Represented a national grocery wholesaler in the acquisition of a full service food distribution business.
- Represented a social media focused technology company in the negotiation of mission-critical software license and development agreements.
- Advised a start-up software company in connection with shareholder matters and preferred stock transactions.
- Represents a Vermont-based corporation in the acquisition of commercial real estate.
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., Highest Honors, 2009 Symposium Editor, Connecticut Law Review
University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, cum laude, 2006
University of Connecticut, B.S., Pharmacy Studies, summa cum laude, 2004
New York, 2010
Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Patricia C. Fawsett – United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2009-2011.
- Vermont Technology Alliance, Member of Board of Directors
- Boston Bar Association
- Champlain Valley Crossfit
Listed in New England Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2014-2020
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401ph: 802-863-2375