Vermont Law School, J.D.
Williams College, B.A.
- After ten years in private practice with a concentration in real estate law, became State Manager and Title Counsel for CATIC’s title insurance operation in Vermont, managing an office of 7 employees and underwriting title insurance risk for 125 law offices around Vermont.
- Provided countless hours of Continuing Legal Education to attorneys and legal staff.
- Drafted and oversaw enactment of bills affecting real property.
Memberships & Activities
Vermont Bar Association’s Real Property Committee (past Chair)
Vermont Bar Association’s Title Standards Committee (past Chair)
Board of Directors: CATIC (Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company): 2019 to present
- Board of Directors: CATIC Foundation (charitable giving): 2022 to present
- Williston/Richmond Rotary club member (past President)
- Town of Williston Government: Board of Civil Authority – currently Board Chair; former Selectboard member; former School Board member
State of Vermont v. Beresford, 156 Vt. 333, 592 A.2d 882 (1991)
Matthews v. Riley, 162 Vt 401, 649 A.2d 231 (1994)
Trinder v. CATIC et al., 2011 Vt. 46, 22 A.3d 493 (2011)
- An accredited presenter of CLE by the Vermont Supreme Court, Andy has regularly presented at professional education seminars on real property issues for attorneys, lenders and real estate agents.
- Active in Vermont legislative issues affecting the marketability of title, Andy has introduced and testified on numerous bills.