199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190
Patrick Shank is a corporate paralegal in the Burlington office and a member of the Business Law Group and Energy Law Group. He is a valuable asset in DRM’s corporate law practice, specifically with respect to the implementation of mergers and acquisitions and asset, stock and venture capital based transactions. Patrick is skilled at assisting clients and their management teams through the due diligence process and in reviewing and organizing the volumes of documents typically required for such transactions. He also understands the time-sensitive nature of corporate transactions and has the logistical expertise to support DRM’s attorneys in ensuring that client deals close on schedule.
Patrick also assists clients in organizing new business entities and works to ensure that their corporate needs are met during the early stages of the business entity lifecycle. Patrick has organized and registered corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and nonprofit organizations to do business in jurisdictions nationwide. He also prepares corporate compliance and governance documents, including articles of incorporation, director and shareholder resolutions, bylaws and operating agreements, certain IRS filings, UCC filings, tradename registrations and numerous other business filings. Patrick draws upon his years of practical experience drafting and filing such documents to provide these client services in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
As a member of DRM’s Energy Law Group, Patrick has drafted and reviewed witness testimony on behalf of several clients in connection with regulatory proceedings involving solar, wind, biomass, and electric transmission projects. Patrick has also facilitated large regulatory filings with the Vermont Public Utility Commission.
- Lead due diligence efforts in connection with a corporate acquisition on behalf of a Vermont based precision parts manufacturer, which led to 25% growth in our client's business.
- Represents individual investors in connection with the acquisition, financing and build-out of numerous start-up businesses.
- Structured and implemented a plan of liquidation in connection with a corporate dissolution, which entailed a multi-million dollar shareholder distribution.
- Assisted a family-owned enterprise with matters related to the transition of management and ownership of multiple business entities, including the comprehensive review and revision of corporate governance documents.
- Facilitated a major recapitalization of a Vermont based outdoor power equipment manufacturer and marketer, which resulted in a liquidity event for the founders and the continued business growth of our client.
- Re-domesticated an offshore business entity to the United States and facilitate its subsequent merger on behalf of our client.
- Facilitates filings with the Vermont Public Utility Commission on behalf of several clients in connection with regulatory proceedings involving solar, wind, biomass, and electric transmission projects.
Dickinson College, B.A. Political Science, cum laude, 2001, Phi Beta Kappa
Patrick races bicycles and volunteers time at Bike Recycle Vermont, a local non-profit. He also enjoys nordic skiing, playing and teaching bluegrass guitar and mandolin, and a good game of Scrabble.
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190ph: 802-863-2375