Brattleboro, VT 05301-3668
Experienced labor and employment attorney dedicated to serving clients’ wide-ranging needs.
An experienced labor and employment attorney, Pamela Coyne focuses her practice on counseling clients on a wide range of issues, including, but not limited to: employee discipline or discharge, state and federal family and medical leave issues, wage and hour issues, policy review and affirmative action obligations. She works exclusively with employers, defending labor and employment claims in court and before state and federal agencies. As a patient and empathetic listener, Pam is highly responsive to her clients’ needs and works closely with each to achieve their respective goals.
- Successfully represented clients before the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) in numerous unfair labor practice charges, thereby avoiding issuance of a complaint and a hearing.
- Was instrumental in bringing several cases to arbitration and receiving favorable awards, many of which established or contributed to valuable industry precedent for the clients.
- Defended several clients before the State of Vermont Office of the Attorney General Civil Rights Unit in employment discrimination charges without the Civil Rights Unit finding a violation of law or filing a complaint.
- Convinced the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) to rescind its Notice of Violations against a national client, the result of which was valuable not only to the client but to the industry as a whole, as the other companies used the same outreach, recruitment, hiring and tracking methods.
- Worked with numerous clients to draft and implement Affirmative Action Programs that have successfully passed OFCCP audits.
- Represented licensed professionals before the Office of Professional Regulation with good results for the professional and the professional’s employer, whether through dismissal of charges of unprofessional conduct or a mutually agreeable settlement.
Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Moot Court Honor Society, Dean's Scholar, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, 2000 Quinnipiac Law Review, Associate Editor
Sacred Heart University, B.S., summa cum laude, Delta Epsilon Sigma National Scholastic Honor Society, 1996
U.S. District Court of Connecticut, 2001
U.S. District Court of Vermont, 2005
- American Bar Association, 2006
- Vermont Bar Association
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law: The Board, the Courts, and the National Labor Relations Act - 2008 Supplement (Bloomberg BNA, 2008)
- Author, Leave Laws: Vermont, Practical Law Labor & Employment (Practical Law July 23, 2013)
- Author, Leave Policy Language: Vermont, Practical Law Labor & Employment (Practical Law July 23, 2013)
- Author, Wage and Hour Laws: Vermont, Practical Law Labor & Employment (Practical Law Aug. 16, 2013)
- Author, Mini-WARN Acts: Vermont, Practical Law Labor & Employment (Practical Law Jan. 27, 2015)
Brattleboro, VT 05301-3668ph: 802-258-3070