Indiana University School of Law (now the Maurer School of Law at Indiana University—Bloomington), J.D.
Purdue University, B. S. Aeronautical Engineering
- Jon has represented many Vermont common interest communities and condominium associations drafting their governance documentation including declarations, bylaws, rules and regulations and providing them with broad guidance to ensure their compliance with the Vermont Condominium Laws and their governing documents.
- Facilitated obtaining all regulatory approvals and financing for the sale and transfer of a large city-wide private water system to the Town of Arlington, VT,
- Performed legal work to obtain regulatory approvals, necessary real estate transfers and financing for the design and construction of a major common interest community water system capital improvement project at the Okemo Ski Area.
- Prior to coming to Vermont, Jon was active in the environmental and energy regulatory space, having served as Assistant General Counsel for Central Maine Power Company. There, he managed their civil litigation program, licensing and regulatory work for its power generation and transmission facilities, and all contract and real estate development work related to those facilities.
- Jon also worked in the legal department of the Upjohn Company in Kalamazoo, Michigan, where he was heavily involved in environmental licensing, occupational health and safety compliance and managing the Company’s exposure to multiple superfund sites around the country.
- Jon has worked with several federal agencies, including the Department of Energy, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, Coast Guard and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- At the state level, Jon has interfaced with or appeared before several state agencies and departments and Courts, including the Agency of Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation, Attorney General’s Office, Vermont Economic Development Authority, Division of Public Safety, District Environmental Commissions, Public Utility Commission, and the Vermont Superior Court and Supreme Court.
Memberships & Activities
Vermont Bar Association
American Bar Association
Rutland County Bar Association
Accolades & Awards
Has held Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent® peer rating, the highest rating attainable, for 25 years.
Rutland Regional Medical Center and Rutland Regional Health Services: Board of Directors (2006 to 2015); Board Chair (2012 to 2014)
Rutland Mental Health Services and Rutland Area Community Services Board of Directors (1992 to 1998); President of the Board (1995 to 1997)