St Johnsbury, VT 05819-2241
Versatile, resourceful project manager with an eye for color.
One might wonder whether a BFA degree is useful for a law firm administrator, but it turns out that an understanding of color theory, in addition to strong organizational skills, technical aptitude and a sense of humor, goes a long way in the projects that the firm has entrusted Heidi with over the years. From choosing carpet and accent wall paint colors in the firm’s facilities to translating brand-standard Pantone colors into embroidery thread for logo ball caps, to developing a template for electronic Client Alerts, she is a key player in expressing the Downs Rachlin brand. She is an active member of the Marketing Group, focusing on electronic communications, digital media and SEO.
Heidi manages the team that keeps the firm's five facilities attractive, functional, clean and secure. She coordinates the firm’s business continuity planning including emergency response procedures, business impact analysis and development of mitigation and recovery strategies. As part of her administrative role, Heidi manages the firm's intranet (on a SharePoint platform).
Collaboratively with outside contractors, vendors, other firm administrators and Downs Rachlin attorneys and staff, Heidi:
- Facilitated fit-up and relocation of the firm’s Lebanon office from a historic building to 6000 sq ft. contemporary suite at the Gateway One facility on Etna Road (2017)
- Coordinated numerous client events, receptions and open houses at public venues and at the firm’s offices
- Project managed the design and build of the Traumatic Brain Injury blog (2013) on the WordPress platform; continue to serve as administrator
- Designed and project-managed the fit-up of a 1560 sq ft suite in the firm’s Burlington office for the technology group (2011)
- Managed implementation and template development for the firm’s commercial electronic messaging application (2010); continue to serve as administrator
- Facilitated cosmetic improvements to approximately 20000 sq ft of fully occupied office space in the firm’s Burlington office (2008)
- Project-managed site construction and content development/posting for the 3rd generation of the firm’s website in 2007; managed the maintenance and development of the site until 2013.
- Facilitated renovation of the reception area and conference facilities within the firm’s flagship office at Courthouse Plaza in Burlington (2007)
- Facilitated the fit-up and occupancy of 5300 sq ft of additional office space on the 4th floor of the firm’s Burlington office (2006)
- Facilitated fit-up and relocation of the firm’s Brattleboro office from a historic building to 7000 sq ft. contemporary digs at the Marlboro College Technology Center (2005)
- Facilitated the relocation and integration of 10 family law lawyers plus staff into the firm’s Burlington office (2004)
- Facilitated the relocation of the firm’s Government Affairs practice and integration with Hollar Law Offices in Montpelier (2003)
- Internally project-managed a major renovation of the firm’s historic St. Johnsbury office, ensuring that firm operations hummed along at full-speed in the facility for the duration of the project; relocated a practice team to a facility in Montpelier for an interim period. (2000)
DRI, BCLE 2000 Business Continuity Planning Accelerated Course, 2010
Association of Legal Administrators, Essential Competencies for Legal Administrators certification program, 2002
Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Fundamentals of Effective Project Management, 2001
SymQuest Group, Microsoft Project 2000, 2001
University of the Arts, B.F.A., 1984
- Legal Marketing Association
- Disaster Recovery Institute International
- Northeast Disaster Recovery Exchange (NEDRIX)
- Commodore, Lake Memphremagog Yacht Club
- Publicity coordinator for the Shambhala Meditation Center of St. Johnsbury
- Certified Vermont beekeeper
- Served as registration coordinator for the Eastern Apicultural Society’s annual conference at University of Vermont in Burlington in August, 2012 (~750 attendees)