199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Creative counsel adept at guiding clients through complex regulatory transactions.
Part of the Energy and Telecommunication Group, Elizabeth Kohler is a creative and adaptive thinker who helps companies navigate through complex real estate and regulatory matters. For nearly two decades, Beth has focused her practice on telecommunications and corporate law matters such as commercial contracting, regulatory law, intellectual property, consumer law, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate transactions. Her clients rely on her broad range of experiences to help them foresee potential road blocks and set an appropriate course of action to arrive at the desired outcome.
- Successfully acquired state land use permits for the construction and operation of wireless facilities throughout Vermont. Acquisition of these permits allowed the telecommunications companies she represents to successfully expand their Fourth Generation (4G) wireless networks in Vermont.
- Assisted wireless resellers to obtain Vermont Public Utility Commission designation as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC) in Vermont. This regulatory designation allows wireless resellers to participate in the federal Universal Service Fund for wireless services offered in Vermont.
- Provided legal support on multi-billion dollar acquisitions for large wireless carriers. These corporate transactions allowed her clients to significantly expand their business operations in multiple states.
- Has negotiated and drafted a variety of commercial contracts (real estate, software licensing, technology procurement and confidentially agreements) for large and small wireless companies.
- As general counsel for a wireless company, Elizabeth managed a legal department of seven employees and provided legal support for every aspect of the business, including corporate governance, litigation, advertising and corporate financings.
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1992
Boston College, B.A. cum laude, 1986
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1993
U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont, 1994
New Hampshire, 2016
Vermont Bar Association
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401ph: 802-863-2375