199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190
Versatile legal counsel providing focused bottom-line solutions.
Dan Crisp has worked both in private practice and in the legal department of a large company. As an Associate at Downs Rachlin Martin, Dan now focuses his practice in highly-regulated areas of law, including energy, telecommunications, health care and business law. He assists energy and telecommunications clients in large commercial projects before the Public Utility Commission and advises health care clients on physician contracting, compliance, and other regulatory and risk management issues. Dan also advises clients on a variety of business and commercial matters, including company governance and operational issues.
Prior to joining DRM, Dan was associated with a litigation boutique firm in Simsbury, Connecticut, where his practice involved defending financial services institutions in complex litigation matters, advising financial services institutions on regulatory matters and representing a variety of clients in trademark-related disputes. Dan then worked in compliance at a large insurance company on a number of regulatory concerns, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, business process outsourcing, prompt pay, producer compensation, and form and rate filings. As an Associate at DRM, Dan practices in the areas of energy, telecommunications, health care and business law.
Since joining Downs Rachlin Martin, a portion of Dan’s representative matters include:
- Acting as corporate and compliance counsel to a landfill gas-to-energy company.
- Represented a cable television provider before the Public Utility Commission in the renewal of their Certificate of Public Good.
- Represented a large energy company in the cessation of their Vermont operations.
- Assisted a telecommunications client with the proposed construction of a new personal wireless tower.
- Worked on loan documents to secure financing for a solar energy project.
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2008
University of Tennessee, B.S., cum laude, 2000
New Hampshire, 2014
Insurance Law Center Juris Doctor Prize, 2008
- Co-Author, A Survey of ERISA Stock Drop Case Law Since January 2008, ALI-ABA Conference on Insurance and Financial Services Industry Litigation (Boston, July 9-10, 2009)
- Contributor, Handbook on ERISA Litigation (Wolters Kluwer, 2009)
- Contributor, ReinsuranceFocus.com Blog (September 2008 – May 2010)
- Contributor, EXPECT FOCUS® Magazine (Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, September 2008 – May 2010)
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190ph: 802-863-2375