Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude
The George Washington University, B.A., Political Science
- Regularly advises clients on proactively addressing employment-related matters and human resources challenges.
- Provides trainings and guidance on sexual harassment, diversity, equity, and inclusion practices, and other employment topics.
- Conducts internal investigations of claims of harassment and other employee wrongdoing.
- Conducted and defended multiple depositions, eliciting admissions from opposing parties that supported dismissal of their cases.
- Successfully settled a number of legal claims through mediation and direct dialogue with opposing parties.
- Litigated multiple employment claims before jury and bench trials, and administrative tribunals in Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York.
- Lead negotiator for employers bargaining with unionized workforces.
- Served as a judicial law clerk for the Vermont Superior Court in Chittenden, Addison, Windsor and Orange Counties.
- Manages DRM’s summer associate program.
United States District Court for the District of Vermont, 2017
New Hampshire, 2016
New York, 2012
US District Court, District of New Hampshire, 2016
US District Court, Northern District of New York, 2014
US District Court, Southern District of New York, 2012
US District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2012
Memberships & Activities
SHRM / VHRA
VBA, Labor and Employment Law Section
Accolades & Awards
Best Lawyers in America© “Ones to Watch”, labor and employment law – management, 2021
Legal Rookie of the Year Award during first year with the New York City Law Department
Listed in New England Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2018-2020
Leadership Champlain Advisory Board, Chair (2020 – present);
Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Commission, Chair (2020 – present)
Burlington Ward 5 Neighborhood Planning Assembly, Steering Committee Member (2017 – present)
Vermont Bar Association, Former Member of Board of Bar Managers
Vermont Bar Association, Former Chair of the Young Lawyers Division
Ben Traverse routinely presents on topics that impact your HR practices. He has participated on panel discussions and presented before the following organizations:
- Vermont Bar Association
- Associated Industries of Vermont
- Vermont Workplace Wellness Conference
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns
- Vermont Truck and Bus Association
He routinely present on topics related to labor and employment law, and human resources counseling. Some of these presentations are internally hosted by DRM, other presentations are organized by professional trade associations, and others are CLE presentations to fellow attorneys.