199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Innovative, experienced, results-oriented information professional.
Alison Alifano is the firm’s information professional and works closely with the legal staff as they develop solutions and deliver results to the firm’s clients. As a hands-on person, Alison looks for solutions using her many years of experience and a broad range of resources. Working in law firms and a non-profit bar association has played to Alison’s problem-solving mindset, which allows her to bring value to each project she manages for the firm’s lawyers and clients.
Alison is well respected throughout the law library community and brings years of relationship building experience to the work that she does for the firm and its clients. New to the firm’s support team in 2014, Alison draws upon her years of large law firm experience to bring innovative research solutions to Downs Rachlin Martin.
- Works with firm management to negotiate cost-efficient contracts that bring a suite of information resources to the lawyers’ desktops.
- Balances the electronic and print information needs of the firm, which is critical in meeting today’s information needs.
- Collaborates with the Disaster Recovery team to ensure that business continuity is maintained in times of crisis.
- Provides training to all legal staff that is critical to meeting client needs. Alison travels to the firm’s offices to ensure that all legal staff are well trained on the firm’s suite of research products.
- Oversees the firm’s copyright compliance program.
Long Island University Palmer School of Library and Information Science, M.L.S., 1987
Adelphi University, ABA approved Lawyer’s Assistant Program, 1982
Dowling College, B.A., 1981
State University of New York Agricultural and Technical College at Farmingdale, A.A.S., 1979
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Association of New Hampshire Law Librarians
- Law Librarians of New England
- Law Library Association of Greater New York
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401ph: 802-863-2375