December 15, 2014

Real Estate Brokerage Laws and Customs: Vermont

A Q&A guide to brokerage laws relating to commercial real estate transactions in Vermont

by: Scott Jaunich & Kane Smart

What statutes or laws regulate licensing requirements for brokers?

Are different types of brokers or other roles recognized by the regulations?

Co-authored by real estate and land use attorney Scott Jaunich and environmental law counsel Kane Smart, this Q&A addresses these and other questions related to state laws and customs that impact commercial real estate brokers, including:

  • types of brokers, their roles and licensing requirements
  • complaint process
  • broker's customary involvement in real estate transactions
  • attorneys' roles in real estate transactions
  • commonly used brokerage agreements
  • commission payments
  • disclosure laws
  • broker's liens
  • real estate management

Federal, local or municipal law may impose additional or different requirements.

Read the article Real Estate Brokerage Laws and Customs: Vermont 

See the other commercial real estate in Vermont Q&A pieces in this series.


Before sending, please note: Information on is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. In particular, please note that Downs Rachlin Martin’s Labor & Employment Group exclusively represents employers/management in labor and employment matters. Employees seeking assistance with labor or employment issues should contact a law firm that represents employees and should not provide information about your situation to DRM.

If you send this email, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the terms contained herein.