Government Enforcement and White Collar Defense
Contain the risks of government enforcement action, investigate and assess regulatory and white collar exposure from individual and corporate conduct drawing on effective and swift prevention and defensive tactics.
DRM’s Government Enforcement and White Collar Defense attorneys focus on aggressive representation of entities and individuals who find themselves under scrutiny by government authorities or confronted with actual or potential litigation in the civil or criminal fraud space. Led by former federal prosecutors and staffed with exceptional attorneys possessing deep and relevant legal knowledge in enforcement matters, our Government Enforcement and White Collar Defense attorneys provide tenacious advocacy in a broad spectrum of disputes with public enforcement authorities and private actors. We realize the importance of early intervention to keep minor issues from becoming larger ones, always working from the perspective that a client’s interests are best protected by negotiating from a position of strength. Ultimately, this gives us the ability to confront prosecuting authorities on better-than-even terms: primacy in presentation of pre-trial legal and factual defenses to cut off a case, overwhelming trial representation, or unparalleled appellate advocacy.
Effective investigation is a critical component in today’s litigation, and it is particularly important in enforcement actions. Our attorneys provide unmatched experience in investigations, whether they be in defense of claims presented by government authorities or in conducting internal investigations to protect organizations from potential civil or criminal liability issues down the road. Greater expectations exist today for corporations to self-report misconduct. Making responsible compliance and defense decisions requires the ability to gather facts quickly and effectively, and to have an understanding of the issues that are of primary concern to regulators. This preserves options and attains best outcomes. We understand the often sensitive nature of internal investigations, and can guide clients through these processes smoothly and completely.
Sometimes crises develop quickly and without warning. When fast-breaking developments hit, the DRM white collar group can deploy exceptional crisis management and media relations skills, based in experience and trusted media and government relationships necessary to stabilize the situation and calm the storm.
While positioned to help in virtually any matter, the DRM Government Enforcement and White Collar Defense Group is ready to help you or your business through:
- civil or criminal fraud allegations by federal or state authorities, or private entities or individuals
- health care fraud
- securities fraud or bank fraud
- EB-5 fraud and litigation
- civil and criminal tax fraud
- consumer fraud and deception
- breach of fiduciary or corporate duties
- physician, attorney and other professional licensing and misconduct
- police officer-involved shooting or misconduct
- money laundering
- internal investigations
- sexual assault, misconduct or harassment
- college or university investigations and discipline
- federal or state False Claims Act and Qui Tam representation (affirmative and defensive)
- civil or criminal antitrust
- grand jury investigations
- prosecution or defense of class actions
- federal and state regulatory audits
- penalty actions by state and federal authorities including environmental authorities, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) actions.
- physician and medical malpractice defense