Don't get caught without a plan.
Bad things sometimes happen to good people. When they do, managers will be judged by what happens next, not what has gone before. When these types of challenges arise, Downs Rachlin Martin’s experienced public affairs team guides you through the process of gathering information and communicating with your many audiences.
What’s the Issue?
What has happened? What is at risk? What must you do now? Ask Downs Rachlin Martin about the five crisis management steps.
The Five Critical Steps:
- Contain the crisis and reduce risk and danger.
- Assemble your crisis management team.
- Assess the situation and develop a plan.
- Establish a means of disseminating information.
- Communicate situation status and response to the media and effected publics.
An important element of a public relations strategy is figuring out which “publics” to address. From your employee families to the television audience and social media, breaking down your interest groups is a critical first step. Downs Rachlin helps you to look in all directions.
Is it Confidential?
Combining the legal resources of the state’s largest law firm with the experience and savvy of the public affairs team gives DRM’s public affairs clients the confidence they need to understand which matters can be made public and which are legally protected by privacy rights. Understanding confidentiality is a critical element of your public relations strategy.
What Will You Say?
Thoughtful strategies yield good results. Break your message down into its essential elements and tell your story widely. Downs Rachlin Martin’s team helps you decide what to say and when to say it.
- Helped a prominent in-state health care provider break the news when a patient committed suicide on its property;
- Helped a much-loved niche retailer deal with an employee embezzlement that rocked its community;
- Assisted the superintendent and board of a Vermont school district when one of its teachers was accused of inappropriate conduct;
- Guided the staff and management of a beloved community library through a turbulent period of reorganization.