Embracing distributed ledger technology.
Recognizing the tremendous impact that distributed ledger technologies will have on businesses and governments, DRM’s blockchain lawyers are poised to assist with their adoption and implementation. Distributed ledger technologies will be adapted in most industry sectors as a means of improving reliability, efficiency and trustworthiness. Government units will also find applications that create efficiencies and reduce cost. DRM’s blockchain lawyers are able to assist businesses in navigating the legal, intellectual property and regulatory challenges that companies face in seeking to employ distributed ledger technologies.
Our lawyers have advised a number of clients on issues involving the use of blockchain technology, and consulted with interested clients on how distributed ledger technologies might be useful in their businesses. Our team was also actively involved in the legislative initiatives to promote the use of blockchain technology in the State of Vermont, including the development of an innovative bill that allows companies to form blockchain-based limited liability companies.
At the forefront of this emerging industry, our blockchain lawyers are poised to assist businesses with:
- venture capital and private investments,
- business planning and formation,
- intellectual property, and
- licensing and technology transactions.
- Negotiated an individual’s investment in a company that uses blockchain technology to improve the transfer and maintenance of electronic medical records.
- Guided blockchain company through development and implementation of an intellectual property strategy and development of an international patent portfolio.
- Regularly assist clients with preparation and prosecution of US and international patent applications directed to fundamental blockchain technology as well as systems designed to work on and leverage blockchain platforms.