Twenty Downs Rachlin Martin Attorneys in Vermont and New Hampshire Honored as Best Lawyers
Downs Rachlin Martin Attorneys have again been elected for inclusion in the 2016 rankings of Best Lawyers in America.©
Twenty attorneys from the northern New England law firm Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC have been selected by peer-review for inclusion in the 2016 ranking of Best Lawyers in America.© Six DRM attorneys have also been named Lawyers of the Year in their respective practices in selected market areas. The results are based on client, lawyer and law firm surveys conducted by Best Lawyers beginning in January of this year.
The six Lawyers of the Year are: Attorney James C. Gallagher, defendant, personal injury litigation; James G. Wheeler, Jr., trusts and estates; Johan W. E. Maitland, labor law (management); Paul H. Ode, Jr., mergers and acquisitions law; Robert B. Luce, commercial litigation; and Wm. Roger Prescott, tax law. Gallagher and Wheeler were recognized in the market area defined as Montpelier. Maitland, Ode, Luce and Prescott were recognized in Burlington.
Other DRM lawyers and the practice areas for which they are recognized as Best Lawyers are:
- Andre D. Bouffard, bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights / insolvency and reorganization law, commercial litigation, and litigation – bankruptcy,
- Kimberly K. Hayden, energy law;
- Marc B. Heath, commercial litigation, and litigation – construction,
- Peter B. Kunin, copyright law, litigation - intellectual property, and trademark law,
- Robert B. Luce, commercial litigation and personal injury litigation – plaintiffs,
- Johan W. E. Maitland, employment law – management and labor law – management,
- Lawrence H. Meier, litigation – patent, patent law, copyright law and trademark law,
- Thomas H. Moody, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions law, and venture capital law,
- Paul H. Ode, Jr., corporate law and mergers and acquisitions law,
- Wm. Roger Prescott, litigation and controversy – tax, and tax law,
- Robert D. Rachlin, commercial litigation, medical malpractice law – defendants, personal injury litigation – defendants, and product liability litigation – defendants.
- Timothy E. Copeland, employment law – management, labor law – management and litigation – labor and employment,
- Peter B. Robb, employment law – management, and labor law – management.
- Lebanon, NH;
- Thomas C. Csatari, litigation – trusts and estates, and trust and estate law,
- Willemien Dingemans Miller, trusts and estates law,
- Peter D. Van Oot, environmental law and land use and zoning law.
- John H. Hollar, administrative/regulatory law and for his government relations practice,
- St. Johnsbury;
- James C. Gallagher, personal injury litigation – defendants,
- James G. Wheeler, Jr., corporate law, real estate law, and trusts and estates,
- John H. Marshall, energy law and environmental law.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 79,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and the firm has received more than 12 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 6.7 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."