By popular demand, the VBA IP Section offers this CLE covering the basics of the four “flavors” of IP: copyright, patent, trademark, and trade secrets. The panel will give clear, usable answers to questions like these for each kind of IP:
- what does/doesn’t it protect?
- how long does the protection last?
- is there “fair use”?
- is “notice” required?
- what is infringement and what are the penalties for it?
- what’s the biggest myth (or two) about it?
- and, finally, how to answer this common client question: can you copyright/trademark/patent/trade-secret this for me?