Mary Parent represents a variety of business clients in corporate and commercial transactions in Vermont and New Hampshire. Her work includes advising clients on business formation and operation, private equity transactions, commercial real estate transactions, commercial financing and mergers and acquisitions.
Mary has worked with local, regional and national private equity firms and technology companies in investment transactions, including stock and convertible debt transactions. She regularly works with clients to form Vermont and New Hampshire corporations and limited liability companies. She has formed non-profit entities and assisted clients in completing the necessary paperwork to obtain 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Mary works with clients in both Vermont and New Hampshire to assist them with estate planning. She has researched complex estate and gift tax issues for clients and has prepared a broad range of estate planning documents and trusts.
- Assisted international client with purchase of assets of U.S. manufacturing facility
- Represented U.S. client in connection with sale of assets and with Ontario real estate of Canadian subsidiary
- Worked with captive insurance company to document its merger with another captive insurance company
- Drafts and reviews commercial leases for large corporate client with numerous facilities throughout the United States
- Represented investor in its investment in a Vermont-based solar fund
- Advised a non-profit corporation with several endowments in connection with its dissolution and distribution of its endowment funds
- Represents private equity firms in connection with investments in start-up corporations
- Works closely with DRM's Intellectual Property Group to draft detailed supply, consulting and license agreements for business clients
Mary is a member of the Union Bank St. Johnsbury regional advisory board and serves on the Lyndon State College Center for Rural Entrepreneurship Advisory Board. Before joining DRM, she was associated with Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP in Boston where her work included general corporate and securities matters, debt and equity financing, private placements and mergers and acquisitions.
Mary serves as treasurer of the Caledonia County Bar Association.
Mary serves as president of the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce
, which stimulates and promotes the vitality of Downtown St. Johnsbury's cultural, commercial, and community resources. She is a member of the Northeast Kingdom Young Professionals Group. She previously co-chaired the St. Johnsbury chapter of the Women Business Owners Network, a state-wide organization that promotes networking and education among women business owners. Mary also served previously on the board of directors of Catamount Film & Arts, a regional non-profit arts organization.